Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: CD Horn EQ Module for anniversary series?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cclark65's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is there a module that I can put in the sockets on the back of my 9444 amps that will compensate for CD Horn Equalization.

    If so, any ideas where I could find a couple?

    If not available, can anybody direct me about making some? I have some crossover modules, but haven't seen the horn eq available exept on the rack mount crossovers. I run a 4way PA, and CD Horn eq octal would be perfect for me!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't blame it on me, man, I screw up enough on my own! forums

    You can "stack" a stereo 2-way in front of a pair of 1632s to get 4-way stereo, but you're adding another AD/DA conversion. Whether it would be audible or not, I couldn't say. Used DBX, Rane, etc. 2-ways are cheap though, for that matter, so are 1631s and 32s, though they aren't nearly as common. Saw a couple of 1631s go for less than $20 each awhile back. Think I gave $80 for my 1632 (which I'm not using yet, but do have plans for).

    Can't remember if your stacks need any delay or not, but the 1632 doesn't offer any if they do. Rane's AC24 has it all in one 3U unit, but they ain't cheap. ($650's the best price I found).

  3. #3
    Inactive Member amh's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Altec 15595A high pass crossover/EQ module fits into the octal sockets on the Anniversary Series Amps. It can be fitted with one of 11 different sub-modules to equalize almost any Altec horn/compression driver, combination.

    I picked up two on epay for $10.00 forums

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi, Charles,
    I don't know of any ready-made octal CD EQ solutions, but the manual for the Altec 1632C XO may provide enough info for you to build some, there are EQ curves for most MR horn driver combinations and lots more. The 1632C uses customizable DIP modules. Haven't played around with this myself, just know the info's there. An octal solution sounds like a great idea to me, if your XO lacks CD EQ.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cclark65's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yea, my crossovers do lack it, and I could buy new crossovers, but if I can make it work this way, then I never have to worry about it in the future.

    I do have a cd horn eq module for one of the 2way rack mount crossovers, 1632 maybe? It might give me a clue about building one into an octal socket once I check out the wiring. I have a 14712A power limiter in place on one of the racks (still looking for another one) I am thinking I might just build it into that.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cclark65's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was way off in the partnumber, I must have remembered that from reading bfish's post!

    Now that I look at the 1632 paperwork, maybe I should just find a couple of them, they have limiters, 3-way crossover, and cd horn eq facilities built in.

    However, I run a 4-way system. I'll have to check into the sound quality issues if I run it through a 2-way crossover to split the subs out, and then feed the highs into the 1632 crossover to get the rest of the PA working.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cclark65's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a couple of Rane AC22's that I was going to use for bi-amping monitors...I could use them here for a bit.

    I will definitely be looking for some 15595A modules then...thanks for the info AMH! (got a couple you want to sell?!)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member amh's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Charles,

    Check your email. I sent you the manual for the crossover/EQ. It gives schematics and component values.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cclark65's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks a ton...I think I have all the info I need to get this little project done! I guess I do have one of those modules. I'll have to do a little modifying to get the crossover higher, then add the EQ stuff, but it should be sweet when I get done!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.